I’ve attached the list of SAT words. You need to select 5 words and create a slideshow to present to the class outlining the words. The slides NEED to include the following:
- The word itself
- The definition
- The root of the word (Where did it come from?)
- Suffixes and prefixes.
- Synonym(s) and antonym(s)SAT Vocab Words
This assignment is worth 25 points. (5 vocab words x 5 requirements on the slides)
Calendar subject to change.
- Powwow-a North American Indian ceremony involving feasting, singing, and dancing
- Decrepit-worn out or ruined because of age or neglect; ragged, frail, weak
- Contemplating- thinking, pondering, wondering
- Anglophile- someone who is fond of or greatly admires England or Britain
- Anorexic- someone who refuses to eat; suffers from anorexia
- Bulimic- someone who makes themselves vomit after overeating or binging
- Eccentric- behavior or attitude that is slightly off, strange, unconventional, peculiar
- Egomaniac-Someone who is severely self-centered or egotistical
- Tautology-a phrase or expression in which the same thing is said twice in different words; redundant. (Ex: let’s all work together, everyone as a team. She was a dark-headed brunette)
This is the link to the article. This may be used at textual evidence to support your argument.
Today in class, we worked in learning centers. Students read each article and discussed each cartoon in groups and completed the attached chart. If you missed class today, you may turn this assignment in after Fall Break.
I’m attaching the discussion questions for “Everyday Use”. I’ll also include a link to the short story. This assignment was due 8/11. I will accept it through tomorrow 9/22. Otherwise, it stays a zero in the gradebook.